2016 is just the beginning of Virtual Reality. If VR is a movie, then 2016 is just the first part of the trailer.
We haven’t yet watched the full movie, so, will we “watch” it in 2017?
Well. In this post, you will find seven predictions about virtual reality in 2017.
Is it gonna be more exciting?
Will it reach its peak?
Virtual Reality in 2017 #1: Based on Statista.com, the total number of active virtual reality users is forecast to reach 90 million by 2017.
Let’s recap what’s happening for eight months in 2016:
- More than one million people used Samsung Gear VR in April.
- In January, Google Cardboard said it’s shipped five million virtual reality viewers.
- Speaking of Oculus Rift, the founder said, “Pre-orders are going much better than I ever could have possibly expected.”
- Google announced its new VR project, Daydream, which will arrive in Fall.
- PlayStation VR will is expected to release on October 13th, 2016.
- Not to mention BeThere Book, which will start shipping in November.
- Don’t forget HTC Vive and Microsoft HoloLens, too.
Virtual Reality in 2017 #2: Windows 10 update in 2017 will bring Holographic support for all PCs.
— Windows (@Windows) August 16, 2016
The video above sums up the definition of future we’ve been imagining.
This is also where we can really see that Virtual Reality is indeed a new platform.
Virtual Reality in 2017 #3: According to Mashable, the phones of 2017 will be all about VR.
Moreover, when Google announced its new VR’s project, Daydream, it’s been mentioned that Samsung, HTC, LG, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Asus, and Alcatel will all make phones and hardware that support Daydream.
Virtual Reality in 2017 #4: World’s first virtual reality camera satellite launches in 2017.
This will be a mind-blowing VR experience. Hope everything goes well, SpaceVR!
Virtual Reality in 2017 #5: Brace yourself, VR producers. Tribeca Film Festival announced that they will accept submissions from virtual reality, 360 films, and augmented reality creators in 2017.
We’ve been watching some life-changing VR contents and 360 films. It deserves a spot.
Virtual Reality in 2017 #6: Intel is working on its own headset. It’s called Project Alloy and expected to be released in 2017.
Good news: It’s an open platform.
Virtual Reality in 2017 #7: Here’s to all the gamers. Fallout 4 VR will be released next year.
Now you predict: What’s gonna happen in VR in 2017?
Let’s discuss in the comment below! Just in case, you’re right. 😉